The latest State of CT Guidelines are posted here:
Those guidelines, and any local (town) guidelines, supersede our guidelines, stated below, and in our "Return To Play" document. Note in the above Summary, that currently:
1. Masks are required INDOOR and are optional OUTDOOR while playing.
2. No out-of-state play is allowed. CSSA will not sanction teams and individuals playing out of state until further notice, and until government guidelines dictate.
The above document, and this page, contains all of the information regarding affiliated sanctioned return-to-play in 2020 and 2021, including National and State guidance from the State of Connecticut, USASA, US Soccer, and more.
In spite of the national and state governing bodies approving the resume of play, we want to make it clear that affiliated leagues and clubs are required to abide by all rules and regulations set on the local (state and town) level: we anticipate that not all municipalities will be reopening athletic fields right away.
We also recommend that any leagues/teams that have not done so already submit the COI request form in order to alleviate any unnecessary delays once fields have reopened.
Also, for CSSA member leagues and clubs ("member organizations") to resume sanctioned play, the must be in good standing with CSSA, including the timely submission of player registration fees and data.
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW FOR LOCAL GUIDELINES, THE PLAYER "WAIVER", AND US SOCCER GUIDELINES, RESPECTIVELY.
USASA has stated that the decision to resume play resides at the local level. USASA insurance will be in place if member organizations:
1. Follow the guidance of the State government;
2. Follow the guidance of county/town municipal authorities;
3. Follow the USASA Return To Play (RTP) guidelines;
4. All participants *must* sign the updated USASA Release of Liability (aka, player "waiver"), which is below;
5. CSSA leagues and clubs *must* retain the Waiver documents on file, and make them available to CSSA or review (a file-sharing app is required).